Search

Friday, January 15, 2010

Games Left Undone

Games that were started but for reasons explained, are left undone

Console games


GTA IV
Simple - Even though I liked the game and was over 60% through with it, the game save mechanics ruined it for me. Fail a mission repeat every sequence from the beginning and try again.
Maybe it's my PC gaming background that dictates "Save and Save often". Come think of it I do the same thing in applications.

Crackdown
Excellent game but I'm dealing with the Asian mobs and the vertical (literally) challenges are way hard. I have my character pretty maxed out but I get gunned down in the number of scenarios I found myself in. The game is great I was hooked for quite a while but the level of difficulty put it on the back burner.
If there's a game I think about firing up often to finish it, Crackdown is #1 on the list.

PC games 

Crysis Warhead

The game looks awesome even today but the game as a whole lacks the story line to merit the finish. Dull story + Repetitive action + increased difficulty curve = no interest to finish
I must say the Multiplayer component is very capable but the number of online players dropped too much to continue looking for servers.

FarCry 2
Two words - Console Port. There is no excuse to take the engine that looks so good on the PC and filter them down to Console use; only to port that downgrade to the PC version. Bad, just bad.


______________________________________

A Game you can be sure will get played through to the end

Mass Effect 2 or Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition

No comments: